Wondering How to Fix High CPU Usage by Antimalware Service Executable? Then we are here to help you out.
But before that let us talk about what is Antimalware service. Well, the antimalware service is executed by the Windows Defender in order to find out the malware presence on your computer.
Now whenever you start your computer, the Anti Malware programs starts running in the background and looks for the malware presence. Hence, as a result, this program eats a lot of CPU memory. As a result, we feel a lag while using the system.
Also, this application stays hidden during the whole process. As a result, the users do not even get any idea about how much memory the program is consuming.
However, the High CPU Usage by Antimalware Service Executable issue can be fixed by disabling windows defender. Windows defender is a free antivirus tool that Microsoft offers with their Windows 10 operating system. This tool basically offers the first line of security for your computer.
But disabling it can be a pretty confusing task. However, there is total two ways to disable the windows defender and Fix High CPU Usage by Antimalware Service Executable issue. One of the ways is to use Registry Editor, and another one is Using Group Policy Editor. Anyway, now let’s just talk about each step separately.
How to Fix High CPU Usage by Antimalware Service Executable By disabling Windows Defender:
Using Registry Editor:
- At first, open your RUN dialogue. You can go to start menu and type down RUN. Or you can press the Win Key + R to open the run dialogue.
- Now over here type down the “regedit.exe” and hit the enter button.
- Now you have to follow this path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE – Software – Policies – Microsoft- Windows Defender.
- Over you will get to see a key that says “disable AntiSpyware” simply click on it.
- Now here you have to change its value. Simply remove the 0 and enter 1.
- Once done click on the OK button.
- Now go ahead and restart your machine so the computer can save the changes that you have made.
Using Group Policy Editor:
- First of all, you have to open the run dialogue. Simply press the Win Key + R.
- Now type gpedit.msc in the run dialog and click on Ok to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Now you have to follow this path: Computer Configuration – Administrative Templates – Windows Components – Windows Defender.
- When you click on Windows Defender, the Right-Hand window will stretch. Look for the option of “Turn Off Windows Defender”.
- Then you have to look for the “Turn Off Windows Defender” option.
- Once found click on it, and select the enable option and it will disable the windows defender.
- In the end, restart your computer and make all the changes.
Well by following these steps you will be able to Fix High CPU Usage by Antimalware Service Executable issue. However as you have disabled windows defender, make sure you are installing another security tool on your computer.
Anyway if you have any questions, then do comment below, and we will surely help you out.